Looking for more information on the New Keurig Coffee Maker? If you are a Keurig fan then you may want to pay attention to their newest offerings. A while back Keurig introduced their version of the 2 in 1 model. They now have 2 that may compete with Cuisinart and Hamilton Beach for that style.
It was Keurig that made popular the idea of quickly and conveniently making a single cup of coffee with no mess. Since their first start the idea has gotten quite popular. The grocery store aisles are full of many different flavors and brands of coffee, chocolate and tea in those little plastic premade pods.
Convenience has always been the driving force for this concept. It does not matter that you can get loose ground coffee in your own preferred brand much cheaper. It must be quick and easy.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. As a team, we each earn a small advertising fee if you purchase a qualifying item from a link on this site. You can find our legal pages here.
K – Duo Plus New Keurig Coffee Maker
For those who love the convenience and reputation of Keurig… this newest addition to their line may just be what the doctor ordered. The Keurig that we had access to did not produce coffee that tasted quite as good as the Cuisinart, the Ninja, nor the Hamilton Beach. Still… that is a subjective opinion. You may like your coffee a bit different from the way we do.
The Cuisinart Coffee Center is our favorite 2 in 1 coffee maker so far. It makes the most delicious coffee in a short amount of time. That is our favorite for making a single cup at a time. However, when it comes to making a full pot of coffee, Glenda prefers her Ninja multipurpose coffee maker. That one is made in such a way to prevent the coffee from tasting “old” even if you keep it warm for hours.
So why might you want to consider getting the Keurig Duo Plus?
First of all, there is the convenience of having a 2 in 1 coffee machine where you can make either a full pot or a single cup with a premade pod or your own preferred coffee grounds. Yes, there are other brands out there but if you already know and love the Keurig brand, then this might suit you best.
Let us look at some of the details of this coffee maker. The Keurig Duo Plus has some pretty good features that if they worked right could be a good benefit to coffee drinkers.
Keurig Duo Plus features
- The first thing is the ability to position the water tank on the left, right, or at the back to minimize counter space. I don’t think anyone has had a problem with that yet so that is a good feature.
- There is a stronger brew setting which takes a little longer to brew but still can make it worthwhile for those who like the stronger coffee. Hamilton Beach also has that feature… The Cuisinart does not.
- The stainless steel carafe is a good feature but remember to warm it up first or it will not hold heat as long.
- In regards to the multiple settings feature that is good… but some have found that it is not accurate.
- Coffee heats and brews in one simple process. The older Keurigs had to heat first before brewing your coffee.
- brewer automatically turns off 5 minutes after the last brew
There are only a few reviews out for this product and they are very mixed. It sounds like a good idea but some people are having a problem getting it to do what it is supposed to do.
For these reasons, the jury is still out on this one. Just use your best judgement as to whether it would fit your needs or not. On the other hand, you may be one who absolutely falls in love with it and it may work perfectly. If you do purchase please let us know your results after having used it for a while.
The K-duo 2 in 1 Style Coffee Maker
The K-Duo has been out a little longer and has more positive reviews. It is still fairly new though and all the bugs don’t seem to be worked out of the design.
The Pros for the K-Duo Coffee Maker
- Removable 60 oz water reservoir
- use ground coffee or k cup pods
- brew a single cup or a whole pot
- Programmable brew
- adjustable brew strength
- 12 cup (5 oz standard) glass carafe and heating plate
- choice of brewing 6,8,10,12 oz cups for single serve
- choice of brewing 6,8,10, or 12 cups for the pot
From what we have learned about this coffee maker it is an improvement over the older Keurig coffee makers. The only negative or con that we have to list for this one is the fact that the carafe tends to dribble when you try to pour a cup.
We hope you find the coffee maker that is just right for you. When coffee is brewed at the right temps with filtered spring water, freshly roasted and ground beans and adjusted to your personal taste… It is just one of the finer things of life. You need a little time to just savor and relax. What an enjoyable experience. Don’t miss it!